Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pasta Salad

Yesterday for lunch I whipped up an easy Orzo and Feta pasta salad. Here's what I used:

I started by cooking the orzo. I didn't have any chicken stock, so I boiled the orzo in water seasoned with lemon pepper and garlic powder.

While the Orzo was cooking (it only takes about 5-7 minutes) I chopped the parsley and mixed up the dressing.

For the dressing: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice. I just mixed it all together until I thought it tasted good and added a bit of salt and pepper.

Then all you do is pour the dressing on the cooked pasta, toss in the parsley and feta and mix it all together and here's what you get:

I didn't have any grape tomatoes, but they would taste yummy and make it a little prettier! Our summer of salads will be going on a brief break this weekend. It's our 5 year wedding anniversary, so we will be going off to our favorite resort and spa and NOT eating salads!

No comments: