Monday, June 20, 2011

Salmon Cakes and Salad

We were headed out of town Saturday evening so I needed an easy lunch with ingredients already on hand. I had enough lettuce left for a couple of more salads and in the pantry I found a can of salmon. This led to a cheap and delicious lunch!  Here are the ingredients for the salmon cakes:


To make the salmon cakes mix diced red pepper, salmon, mayo, bread crumbs and the zest of 1 lemon together. I used just enough mayo to make the mixture stick together and I used about a handful of bread crumbs. Form the salmon mixture into little cakes. I was able to get 8 salmon cakes out of it.  You may get more of less depending on how big you make the cakes. I pan seared them in a bit of olive oil until they were golden brown on both sides. With the juice of the lemon I made another batch of agave-dijon dressing to drizzle over the cakes and salad.  The salad was simple; lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Here's the finished product:


No comments: