Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Spinach Salad with Agave-Dijon Dressing

After the Asian Noodle Salad, I decided I needed to make a salad the hubby would actually enjoy eating.  So, today's salad is a spinach salad. Super simple salad ingredients: fresh organic spinach, tomato, green onion, boiled egg, turkey bacon and feta cheese. Oh, and some baked chicken tenders we had leftover from dinner last night.

 
I made an agave-dijon dressing to go with it. It tastes fantastic. Here's what I used to make the dressing:
 

1 clove garlic, minced (I chopped the garlic and then added salt and smashed it with a knife until it was more of a paste)
1/4 cup oil (I used canola oil because I'm out of olive oil)
2-3 Tbs of red wine vinegar
2 Tbs dijon mustard
Agave nectar to taste
Cracked pepper and salt to taste
Whisk all the ingredients together and enjoy!
 
 
 

No comments: