Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pulled Pork Salad

We've had three different salads this week, but I'll start with the pulled pork salad.  Country style pork ribs were BOGO at Winn Dixie last week, so that was our protein this week.  I put the ribs in the crock pot and made a sauce of store bought bbq sauce and balsamic vinegar and a touch of agave nectar to give it a little sweetness.  I poured the sauce over the ribs and then let them cook on low for about 10 hours.  They turned out so yummy!  And here's the salad:


It was such a good salad.  It was a pretty simple salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and sauteed onions.  I found recipe for a dressing at The Tasty Kitchen blog, but I don't remember the recipe I used.  I do know it was apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic and a touch of apple juice.  It was fantastic! I'll have a couple more salads from this week to post sometime over the weekend.

No comments: