Sunday, July 10, 2011

Spicy Pasta Salad and Marinated Tomatoes

Just a quick post today.  It was a week spent recovering from our trip to Maine and getting ready for a yard sale.  I made two quick salads this week, both of which were Pioneer Woman recipes.  The first salad was a Spicy Tomato and Basil Pasta Salad. Here's the link: Spicy Pasta Salad with Smoked Gouda, Tomatoes, and Basil.

It was a pretty good salad.  I substituted smoked cheddar for the smoked gouda because that's what I had and I used dried basil because I didn't have any fresh basil.  I also add chicken to it to make it more of a main dish salad.  My husband actually warmed it when he ate it and said it was fantastic.  So, I guess this one will go in our rotation.

The second salad was just marinated tomatoes.  Not sure if you classify this as a salad, but I served it like a side salad.  It was good, but will probably be even better tonight after it's had plenty of time to marinate.  Here's the link: Missy's Marinated Tomatoes.  

That's it for today.  Sorry no pics this time around.  I just haven't gotten around to uploading them.  This week I'll be contemplating what I can do with eggplant.  It was a dollar at the local farmer's market so I picked one up. 

No comments: