Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Taco Salad

Tonight I made a taco salad.  Who doesn't love a good taco salad?  It's so easy and you can make it any way you want it.  It can be made with a tortilla bowl or you can use chips or neither.  The toppings for a taco salad are endless.  Here's how I made my taco salad.  I started by making flour tortillas.  It is completely okay to buy tortillas, but lately I've started making my own.  It's fairly easy, just a little time consuming.  It takes very few ingredients, which I usually have on hand.  And, most importantly, I know what is in them.  There's no preservatives or ingredients I can't pronounce.  I've tried several different recipes so far this summer and haven't really decided on a favorite.  Here's the one I used today: Healthy Homemade Tortillas.  After I had the tortillas made I put a tortilla in a small corning ware dish and baked it to make a bowl for the salad.  And here's the finished product:


Tonight I used ground beef, corn, black beans, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce and sour cream for the salad.  It really would have been great with salsa and guacamole, but I didn't have everything I needed to make salsa.  I also didn't have any avocados, so no guac tonight. 

No comments: